May 29, 2007

My Live Search Buzz


TechCrunch writes how they got spammed by messages pointing to an article describing the new upcoming search engine named My Live Search. They are announcing on their web that using a new technology they will turn to be much better then Google.

"The search terms are put through Google, or other indexed search databases, but those results are treated as "starting points" alongside the user's bookmarks and other popular web hubs.

From there, the live search takes over, crawling through hundreds of web pages connected to those starting points in search of more information relevant to the search.

I also registered for beta testing, so I just hope that they won`t start spamming me (although it was said on TechCrunch, that they didn`t know who sent those >11 letters).

2 comments:

nisha said...

Thanks a lot for that extraordinarily high quality article.
mba

writing the research paper said...

I think some search engines also mine data available in databases or open directories. Unlike web directories, which are maintained by human editors, search engines operate algorithmically or are a mixture of algorithmic and human input.